HOTEL DE LA SALLE
21 rue de l'Université - 75007 PARIS
Sale by tender (mise en vente par appel à candidatures) of a magnificent 1,677 sq. m private mansion.
Located at number 21, rue de l’Université in Paris’s 7th District, this private mansion currently hosts temporary exhibitions for the Musée des Lettres et Manuscrits, and also comprises the museum’s ceremonial offices and administrative services. It shall be entirely vacant at the time of the sale.
Built in 1639 for Thomas de Bragelongne, the first president of the Metz Parliament, the property was acquired in 1816 by Jean-Jacques Régis de Cambacérès, Arch-Chancellor of the Empire. De Cambacérès took up residence on his return from exile in 1818 and was to live here until his death in March 1824. The Hôtel de Cambacérès as it was then known became the property of the Duke and Duchess de la Salle, who sold a part of it to the Arbelot company in 1911.
Built on four floors, the Hôtel de la Salle has been entirely renovated and is air-conditioned. Currently used as offices, the total surface area covers 1,677 sq. m.
Date of publication : 12th March 2015
Closing date for reception of offers : 13th May 2015